“Nothing will work unless you do”. – Maya Angelou
I made a list of all the things wrong with me on the day I stopped drinking wine which has now been 60 days. Improvements are noted.
- High Blood Pressure – 169/92 P=85 (116/66 P=66)
- High Cholesterol – 325 total (not tested since change)
- Obese – Weight 217# (now 196# – lost 21#)
- 50” waistline – belly fat from sugar in wine and junk food (now 43” – down 7”)
- Morning Nasal Congestion ( almost gone)
- Feet Swelling and compression socks needed (now gone)
- Arthritis in hands (no change)
- Red Spots appearing after wine binge (no new spots)
- Dry Skin (better)
- Dry Eyes requiring morning eye drops (no longer needed)
- Depressed – alcohol is a depressant (better – work in progress
- Sweaty – can’t handle heat (progress)
- Drank no water – always wine (now drinking lots more plain water and some coffee)
When I stopped the boozing, I became more focused on my health and trying to fix all the things I had damaged. I was actually scared I would die soon. When drinking, I did not care what I ate and wound up stopping for crappy food before coming home. I knew that once I started drinking I would not be in any position to cook anything – healthy or not. So I ate junk food and drank junk wine. I am now exercising some – just walking and some weights. Nothing would have changed if I had continued to drink the wine. It is a work in progress but I’m really proud of myself!